My First Cleanse...Sort Of?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Mister and I were walking through Costco, spending too much money as normal, when he spotted.....

We have both gotten into bad eating habits, drinking casually more often then normal, and not working out. (EEK!)So we decided why not! So here I am to document how it all goes! This is not an all juice fast, but includes things such as quinoa/oats/almonds/veggies to make sure you still get nutrients and aren't starving yourself to where you want to binge when you are done. Also, there's no way I could do all juice, or if I did, I would be a bitch have to take 3 days off from work!

We decided to give ourselves two days to kind of scale back on the amount of food and the type of food we were eating. This went well for the most part, already felt tired and had headache from cutting out the caffeine! Crazy how much it controls us. =/ I was definitely feeling hungry as I had switched out carby stuff for salads and vegetables.

8 a.m-Today, we officially started the cleanse! The morning started with the Prepare juice, as well as 15 almonds. It had a nice little spicy kick. I thought I would starve, but I actually didn't get any hunger feelings until about 2.5 hours later, so I waited the recommended 3 hours.
11 a.m-The midday snack was quinoa with strawberries/blueberries/raspberries at 11 am. They suggested only 1/2 cup of quinoa, I did 1 cup because I didn't want my performance at work to suffer. However, after eating this, I realized I was hungry!!! O no! :(

130 p.m-The next meal I did 2.5 hours later at 130 pm. This consists of Eliminate juice, with a serving of a salad with potato/green beans/mint/parsley/mustard. I thought the juice was delicious, it was apple/kale/parsley/cucumber, but had a nice sweet taste. The Mister was not a fan of this one! Have a small headache currently, but nothing too major. The hardest part right now is not having anything sweet! ARRRGGGHHHH Looking forward to 430 so I can have the recharge drink!!

4 pm, needed the Recharge drink! Totally satisfied my sweet tooth! Went off to hang around by the Midway with the Mister,and had some fun throwing a frisbee around and taking in the scenery :)
He was so happy hungry and irritated with me taking so many pictures....can you tell?!?!


7 p.m-Dinner consisted of Veggie burger with slice of tomato on top and avocado, and a small spinach salad! Yum!After dinner the mister was having a hard time not grabbing anything salty while watching SYTYCD!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 comments:

Post a Comment